Mitel IP-PBX Engineer
At TCI, our people are our most important resource. We value work-life balance, which is why we offer a variety full and part-time employment and consulting opportunities. We are currently looking for talented, passionate individuals to fill the following position.
The Mitel Engineer role requires strong, demonstrable hands-on knowledge and experience assessing, configuring, supporting, and troubleshooting networks, telephony, wireless, access, and security technologies.
This position consists of installing and servicing Mitel IP-PBX systems. You must be able to work with limited supervision and be able to travel. You may be required to work off hours from normal business hours to support system implementations.
- Work with the project manager and lead installation teams to complete projects efficiently and effectively.
- Work with other engineers, technicians and members to improve the network design, configuration, and implementation processes.
- Manage and update related installation documentation.
- Lead onsite field technicians during the implementation process to ensure installations are completed on schedule and according to the scope of work and customer standards.
- Test implemented system to ensure optimal functionality.
- Willingness to travel for 20% of the time.
- Participate in On Call rotation.
- Graduation from an accredited two or four year college, university, or technical school with major course work in computer science or any equivalent combination of education, certifications and experience that provides the required skills and knowledge.
- Certifications such as a CCSP, CCDA, CCIE, MSCE, MCSD, FCNE, or CCNP are desirable although not a requirement of the job as described.
- Two years of field support experience with at least one year of telecommunications installation experience is required.
- Experience supporting VoIP, IP Telephony and Unified Messaging (UM) including Quality of Service (QoS), redundancy, architecture, engineering, implementation, troubleshooting resiliency, load balancing, creation of complex dial plans, call routing and trunk engineering is strongly preferred. Experience troubleshooting Linux OS is preferred.
- Practical experience in network designing, implementation and management of LAN/WAN Systems is also preferred.
- Working knowledge of Structured Cabling, Testing & Installation.
- Ability to interface with clients in a professional manner.
- Effective communication skills (verbal, written, and interpersonal) with a customer focus.
Excellent networking skills.
- Excellent in troubleshooting complex problems in various network manufacturer equipment types.
- Basic IP Telephony and Network Monitoring Tools knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to work under time constraints.
- Great prioritization skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Mitel 3300 certification. Also, MiCollab and MiContact Center a plus.
- Candidate must be able to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- May occasionally be required to lift up to 125 pounds.
- Candidate must be able to safely operate a motor vehicle and have a valid driver’s license.
- Laptop (w/ MS Office, Visio) (Provided)
- Smart phone with data plan (Provided)
- Butt Set Tester
- Punchdown tool with 66/110 blades
- Tone and probe
- Modular plug crimper
- Cable tester
- At least two years related experience.
- Telecom: 2 years
- Driver’s License
- High school or equivalent
- Salary commensurable with experience
- Full benefits including Health, Dental, Life, AD&D and Term Life
- Vacation and Sick Leave
TCI is a leading full-service integrated telecommunications provider serving Washington, DC, Virginia and Maryland. We provide cutting-edge solutions from Mitel, Cisco and others, along with the trusted guidance to ensure your organization maximizes the impact of VoIP, cloud and collaboration tools to achieve business results.
5556 Port Royal Road
Springfield, VA 22151
Phone: (703) 321-3030
Hours of Operation
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. M-F, except holidays
Customer Service Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. M-F, except holidays
Emergency Service: 24/7/365