Using Your Mitel 6900 Phones on RingCentral MVP
2022 has been a big year for Mitel’s investment in communications.
- They’re continuing to support and provide Best-in-Class Solutions in the enterprise, global, and vertical markets where on-prem unified communications (UC) and contact center (CC) thrive. Your existing investment is protected and will remain up to date with the latest capabilities.
- Mitel supports consumption models that can be capital expenditure (CapEx), operational expenditure (OpEx), or a hybrid of the two.
- Mitel’s deployment models can be traditional on-prem PBX style or virtualized and deployed in your data center of choice including TCI Host, Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services.
- And, for current cloud and UC customers that are better served by a pure Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) option, they’re partnering with RingCentral, the Gartner Magic Quadrant leader for UCaaS solutions, to provide best-in-class options for the cloud.
Your paths to the cloud are as flexible and simple as ever with Mitel’s industry-leading technology and local, expert support from TCI.
Migrate To RingCentral MVP with Ease
As a huge bonus for Mitel on-prem customers still looking to extract value from their existing equipment, your current 6900 phones are now certified to work with RingCentral MVP and provide great investment protection.
When migrating to RingCentral MVP, Mitel devices have three provisioning options…
Manual Provisioning – refers to connecting a Mitel phone to the RingCentral MVP service using a Mitel-created phone configuration file for login. With Manual Provisioning, the phone firmware updates do not happen automatically. In this scenario, there is some manual intervention, but there is no need to unbox, set up, plugin, and most importantly, pay for a different phone.
Assisted Provisioning – where the devices allow customers to automatically connect their Mitel phone to the RingCentral MVP service. Phone firmware is managed and upgraded as part of the RingCentral MVP service. Note that anyone using Manual Provisioning will be automatically converted to Assisted Provisioning when available.
Zero Touch Provisioning – Another great feature of Assisted Provisioning is Zero Touch Provisioning (ZTP), a method that requires no user interaction. With ZTP in place, you can simply:
- Add the media access control (MAC) address of the Mitel 6900 phone into the RingCentral portal and,
- Your phone becomes aware and ready to move to RingCentral MVP.
- All user and configuration information are loaded to the Mitel 6900 Series phone and you are ready to make and take calls.
TCI is always here to support you in the executing and planning of any of your communications technology decisions. Contact us today for help with buying and migration decisions before you make the leap: (703) 321-3030 or email@example.com.