Hey, Did You Know TCI Offers Professionally Designed Sound Masking Solutions?
What is Sound Masking?
Sound masking is the process of adding a low level, unobtrusive background sound created by special digital generators and distributed by normally unseen speakers through an area to reduce distractions or provide confidentiality where needed. The sound is typically introduced through speakers installed in or above the ceiling. The sound is random and is generated such that the listener is not even aware of it.
Why do we need it?
- 70% of all offices now have an “Open Floor Plan Design.”
- Over half of cubicle and open office employees are dissatisfied by their workplace’s speech privacy.
- The #1 reason for Employee Dissatisfaction in the office is Sound Privacy (Temperature is a distant #2).
How does it work?
- Sound masking is barely noticeable and sounds similar to airflow, but it’s specifically tuned to the frequency and amplitude of human speech to make speech less intelligible.
- The sound is introduced through speakers installed in the ceiling, creating a blanket of sound.
- Sound masking typically reduces the area where speech is intelligible and distracting from upwards of 50 feet to around 15 feet.
- Workers can still collaborate with their neighbors but are no longer being distracted by conversations on the other side of the office.
Download Cambridge Management’s Sound Masking 101 Guide
Reduce noise distractions and protect speech privacy. Contact us now at (703) 321-3030 or email@example.com.