Experiencing Deja Vu? A Refresher on Helping Your Team Adjust to Remote Work
With Omicron on the march, many of your employees and managers are back to the unique challenges they faced while working at home.
Kids grappling with schoolwork – then add in some young children who can’t go to daycare, or the need to provide care for an elderly parent – and you can begin to appreciate the stress of trying to balance work and family responsibilities.
Whether you are a manager or an employee, we’re all looking for ways to manage our converging responsibilities at home. With that in mind, here are some strategies that can make life easier…
- Consider extending the workday (or week) – start earlier or end later – so you have more time for family matters, chores, and catching up with friends
- Keep the focus on getting the work done as opposed to number of hours worked.
- Take more breaks to relieve stress, improve your health, and maintain a better work-life balance.
- Get outside and move… You’ll give yourself an energy boost so you can be more creative, productive, and responsive.
- Resist the urge to watch TV, view social media or shop online – before you know it you can waste a good part of your day.
- Dress for success… You never know when you’ll receive a request to join a video call with a client or colleague.
The Role of Technology
Of course, it will take more than changing our behavior to overcome the challenges of working at home. Also essential are having the right technologies, connections, and apps in place to enable work to be performed efficiently and effectively. This is where TCI comes in.
TCI has proven remote workforce solutions for any size organization. Contact us today at (703) 321-3030 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!